WP uploading files

Hello everyone,

is it possible to upload files like PDF document, video to WP site so web visitors can download them? If so, how to realise it ? thank you.

Henry

Hello @chalender1,

You can do this by adding the PDF file inside your post using WordPress Media and edit its name and description. This will generate a hyper link which can be clicked on to open up the PDF file or ‘Save link as’ to download the PDF.

Regards,
Ibad

Hello Ibad, thank you for the information. I am wondering what kind of WP media ( element) should i use?!

I tried this one while it is maximum size limit is 2MB which is ok for pictures while my PDF document is normally more than 2MB in size.

I appreciate your kind suggestion.

Best regard

Henry

Hello Ibad,
How are you? I have increased my WP site uploading limit to 1Gb. While when i have uploaded the files it is still like a picture image not a download link. Could you explain it more details? Thank you. I am really a nut in this field.

BR
Henry

Hello @chalender1,

I am doing fine. Thank You. I created this small video to explain how I did that.

Watch the video here

I attached a PDF of size 11MB and I was able to get the download link. I hope this works for you as well.

Regards,
Ibad

Hello Ibad, thank you a lot, it seems i can not open the video it only shows image shot.

BR
Henry

Check now please. I have embedded the link.

Hello Ibad,
thank you. Really appreciate it. Yes i watched the video. It is done good. I am trying to build up a business website thus i will put PDF document under the main menu-Service Center. so visitors can download my files free. It seems a little bit different to the download in the post.
BR
Henry

Thank You. It does not matter from where you offer the PDF. Simply copy its URL after uploading it to WordPress media and link the URL on any button or menu.

Thank you. I will try it again. Appreciate it a lot.