Wordpress multistite

What cloudways uses to share users between multiple WordPress sites 1.community.cloudways.com/ 2.platform.cloudways.com/ 3support etc it is using wordpress multisite?

I never tried multisite because it seems complicated and a lot of work and I worry if I did all that then found some reason why any of my selected plugins wouldn’t work with it what a horrible waste of time it would be. PLus more things to go wrong and need debugging etc. I could be entirely wrong and one day I would like to try it.

So meantime I do it this way. It works excellent.
Set up site AAAA the normal way. Let’s say the table prefix is “AAAA”
For every other site put this in your wp_config.php

define( ‘CUSTOM_USER_TABLE’, ‘AAAA_users’ );
define( ‘CUSTOM_USER_META_TABLE’, ‘AAAA_usermeta’ );

That’s all you have to do.

Thanks, John’
I also thought a lot about plugin сompatibility, little-known plug-ins are unlikely to work correctly, although I also never installed Multisite.
Which option is best for managing multiple sites? I want to use subdomains. Example: 1.landing…example…com 2.forum…example…com 3.blog…example…com 4…accounts…example.com 5.store…example…com
Task: Create several separate unique projects, where the (account.example.com) is one username for all sites. In order not to load hundreds of plugins with one install wordpress, everything will be separate. Example: 1.landing will have its own theme specifically for the landing page. 2forum will be on the bbpress engine. 3.blog will also have its own theme, specially optimized for writing articles. 4.account a single account for all users. 5.store will be on woocommerce + 6. The exchange will be on Woocommerce + memberpress + woo services + other plugins, etc.
A good example envato:

will this code work for this?
define( ‘CUSTOM_USER_TABLE’, ‘AAAA_users’ );
define( ‘CUSTOM_USER_META_TABLE’, ‘AAAA_usermeta’ );

It’ll work. I do it that way.

The only thing I don’t do it use subdomains (I just have subdirectories. example.com/aaaa example.com/bbbb example.com/ccc). But I see no reason why the subdomain way wouldn’t amount to the same thing.

P.S.: Note you set up your wordpress sites first. Each one will have an admin id which you should log in to get it all working. Then as the final step, you put in the change to the WP_CONFIG files. Then it will switch to only one table of user ids. If you look at USER_METADATA you will see that each site’s settings for that user are stored in that table and they have the site’s table prefix used to uniquely identify which site the settings are for. See below for how it is done for the “capabilities” user meta data. There is one of those for aaaa, bbbb, cccc, etc.

You may find that your admin id only has admin authority on the master site (aaaa) and not for any of the sites that share the common user tables. To fix this you have grant it admin rights in the other sites. One way to do this is as follows:

Observe there will be a row like this for your admin id the USER_METADATA table for your admin id in the master site (aaaa)

aaaa_capabilities
a:1:{s:13:“administrator”;b:1;}

That capability needs to be defined for all the other sites too. so you just have to edit (or create additional) rows for other sites. e.g. make the additional rows look like this:

bbbb_capabilities

cccc_capabilities

etc.

It’s pretty safe to try. If you run into problems just remove the two lines in WP_CONFIG and you’ll be back to the way it was before.