WooCommerce PHP API Client Randomly Failling

Just migrated over to Cloudways from Webfaction with my largest site. After a few minor issues most issues have been resolved, but I have one that is throwing me for a loop.

I have a small PHP application (subdomin of main site on the same Cloudways server) that calls the WooCommerce PHP API. The first call to the API returns data about 50% of the time. Each subsequent call errors out ~90% of the time. I have tried turning off Varnish, Breeze, Cloudflare, etc. It appears from looking at the logs that the request is not being sent to the API when it fails. At least it isnt showing up in the access logs and I am not seeing errors either.

The application worked well (but slowly) on my last server and the error is the response/call to the API seen below:

Fatal error: Uncaught Automattic\WooCommerce\HttpClient\HttpClientException: JSON ERROR:
Syntax error in /home/~/public_html/vendor/automattic/woocommerce/src/WooCommerce/HttpClient/HttpClient.php:378 Stack trace:
#0 /home/~/public_html/vendor/automattic/woocommerce/src/WooCommerce/HttpClient/HttpClient.php(422): Automattic\WooCommerce\HttpClient\HttpClient->processResponse()
#1 /home/~/public_html/vendor/automattic/woocommerce/src/WooCommerce/Client.php(82): Automattic\WooCommerce\HttpClient\HttpClient->request(‘orders’, ‘GET’, Array, Array)
#2 /home/~/public_html/list.php(32): Automattic\WooCommerce\Client->get(‘orders’) #3 {main} thrown in /home/~/public_html/vendor/automattic/woocommerce/src/WooCommerce/HttpClient/HttpClient.php on line 378

And as a side note, when I use PostMan to make the api calls, I see them fully logged and no errors, even when making 4-5 per second.