Transactional Email Service - Careful with Elastic Addon

I’m new to Cloudways and migrating a bunch of sites. I was unaware at first that I needed a transactional email service.

So I added the elastic email addon available in the backend of my Cloudways server area.

It works great but there is one huge problem not mentioned anywhere in Cloudways documentation.

Elastic Email requires a physical address to be included in any email sent through your site. Since I subscribed to elastic through Cloudways there is only one physical address it can use.

The problem arises when you have multiple apps/websites on your server that likely have different physical addresses. If you host several client websites the elastic email addon is a no go.

What transactional email services are you using for you clients?

Hi,

Elastic-email has implemented this policy last year that includes address in emails.

As Cloudways is using it as third party ad-don so they have to follow it. If you are using multiple apps/website then I would recommend using one general address to put there.

Kind Regards,
Faizan Razi

Hi @mattmikulla,

On a server, all applications use the default SMTP configuration. To set up individual email configuration for each site; it is suggested to use any SMTP WordPress plugin; such as: WP Mail SMTP. This will override the default SMTP settings.

For further details please refer to this Guide To Set Up SMTP

Regards,
Ibad Ur Rehman