Suggestions for speeding up my website?

Hello all!

I am in urgent need of help . I am setting up an ecommerce site for one of my clients. www.pashmahi.com

I am a little new to setting up ecommerce sites. I am facing issues with Cache set up and understanding how CDN works with Cache etc.

The problem i am facing are that The site is VERY SLOW to load. And changes do not reflect quickly.

I started searching and understood that i was using multiple cache plugins side by side, so that might be causing the issues.

Now I don’t know how exactly to disable cloudway’s default plugins? Or should i continue using them?

Can anyone please guide me in right direction? Right now the speed is very low. I am using Rey theme from themeforest, for which i DO understand that it won’t be AS FAST as framework themes like GP/Astra. But something close would be VERY nice to have.

So here are my questions/doubts.

1. Which is best set up for ecommerce portal. WP rocket? Varnish?
  2. Should i enable redis for ecommerce site?
  3. How to enable/disable cloudways cache system? in WP admin Or cloudways Server management or Cloudways application management?
  4. Any other suggestions.

I am also willing to pay if someone can help me in setting this up.

Sorry for long thread, i just wanted to explain it better.

PS: I have used WP optimizer to clean the database etc. If that counts.

All you should need for caching is Breeze. Get rid of the rest, as they could cause problems. Then, if that does not help, perhaps it is your hosting package. You could try scaling up a few notches to see if that helps. If that is not satisfactory, then you need to optimize your applications. New Relic is one tool to use on your server to get a better idea of how it is performance. GTMetrix.com can indicate some things to improve on your website.

1. Which is best set up for ecommerce portal. WP rocket? Varnish?
It doesn’t matter that much which one you use, but WP Rocket is pretty user friendly. After you finish setting up your caching plugin and have verified that everything is working on your site, then I would turn on Varnish. Varnish is a smaller but faster cache that sits in memory, so it’s a good idea to have this one sitting side by side with you caching plugin. WP Rocket and many other caching plugins have a Varnish integration that you can turn on. Turning it on will flush synchronize flushes to the cache so that whenever the normal cache is flushed the Varnish cache is also flushed.

2. Should I enable Redis for ecommerce site?
Yes. This is another type of caching called an object cache. When your caching plugin responds with a cached page, Redis may never be used, but when you do have to perform an action where the entire page isn’t/can’t be cached by a normal caching plugin, Redis steps in by caching smaller parts of the page, such as the results of a database query. The biggest speedup that you see with Redis is in the admin area. It’s not that big of a speedup, but it’s not that hard to setup, so you might as well do it.

3. How to enable/disable cloudways cache system? in WP admin Or cloudways Server management or Cloudways application management?
If you want to use Cloudways Breeze plugin instead of WP Rocket, then you would just install the plugin through WordPress. Unless your talking about the Cloudways CDN which is another performance improvement that will help speed up your website for users in other parts of the world. Cloudways has a button in the control panel to automatically set that up on a website that is running the Breeze plugin.

4. Any other suggestions.
Here is a guide I wrote on speeding up websites. Make sure you’ve got image optimization setup, and I’ve found that anything below the 4GB digital ocean servers will slow you down. Once you’re at the 4GB level you have enough resources to run the site quickly, and anything above that is unnecessary, but will allow you to handle more simultaneous users visiting the website at the same time.