Since cloudways do not allow installation of one app within another app in a sub-directory, we ran into some issues and would love to hear what others say:
- How to clone in a click such an app running in a sub-directory? Will one click cloning the main app include the subdirectory app files?
- Domain management? (Do we input Manually in wordpress vs GUI?)
- Cron job management? (Any conflict between main app vs sub-directory app and any possible GUI for sub-directory?)
- One click restore, GIT and cloudways CDN implementation process for apps running in sub-directory?
- Only shared FTP credentials are possible to use as it seems FTP credentials are generated per app basis?
- Will redis conflict in this sub-directory structure?
- Will one click backup/restore work? (We fear overwriting of the subdirectory files?)
- We lose big time control over varnish , PHP and general settings (basically the application settings tab). Eg: If we switch off varnish for example.com then example.com/blog will lose varnish too as the varnish config files are saved per application basis? How do we tweak specific PHP settings in sub-directories if needed?
In short, subdirectory apps lose the benefit of easy management and a lot of control?
Any thoughts about how others managed to resolve the above?
Cloudways team members hopefully can pitch in a bit as we intend to write a blog from our own experience with cloudways setup to help other future users