Simple Monitoring software

Since the free NewRelic app doesn’t show disk space any longer I’m looking for some simple way to show free/used disk space and other basic stats.

Before you all pile in and mention the Cloudways monitoring tab and tell me to use SSH etc, I’m not a systems admin and won’t be command lining anything. I’m just looking for a simple display to monitor the VPS and keep ahead of space and resource issues.

So the question is - has anyone installed anything useful on CW which does this and what did you use?

Thanks

Well… I know you said not to mention it, but the cloudways monitoring does not require commands and is a gui chart. However, one possible layman way is to set up the server SFTP as a network drive on your local machine if you don’t have too many servers to do this with, otherwise it could get cluttered pretty quickly.

Alternatively, again, I know you said not to bring it up, though it is rather simple is to type the command df

That’s literally it, just df.

i know you said no SSH, but this couldn’t be simpler.

Download Putty, Enter your ip address and port 22 (see image)

putty

Then run this command

df -H

See image for the output, if you save your credentials into putty its literally:

click saved server in putty
type username
type password
press up for last command used

Thats four inputs.!

size

@lpdollard Thanks for sharing the whole process. Its really helpful.

@wintercorn you could also install eZ Server Monitor. It’s a good easy alternative and displays quite a bit of info.

@shawn Thanks a lot!

That is the easiest thing I’ve ever installed and it works a treat. Take notice @cloudways.admin, this is the sort of information we need on a monitoring screen.

To anyone else considering it simply extract to the desktop, upload to a folder on any account on your VPS and go to that folder on the web. No additional config required.

Thanks again!