Restore / Rollback / Delete - I'm confused

When doing a restore from the Cloudways platform I’m presented with this message:

Your application was backed-up just before the restore. You can rollback to that copy, or otherwise delete it before using Restore feature again.

Followed by a "ROLLBACK’ and a ‘DELETE’ button.

Screenshot: http://drops.bluedogwebdesign.com/0f6b5a0ecb1d

I’m completely lost what this means, I have a hacked site and doing a ‘rollback’ is not working, but I don’t know if I’m doing this step wrong, or the hack exists in my backup copy.

Thanks!

Yes - exact same problem. I don’t see a list of backups there (like I see on some of my other servers) and I have no idea what the following message means:

“Your application was backed-up just before the restore. You can rollback to that copy, or otherwise delete it before using Restore feature again.”

Please help explain.

Here’s my experience of what happens during a restore:

• Select a bakup to restore
  • Current live server is backed up to a “holding spot” (there is only one) in case you want to roll back to last-known-good
  • Selected backup is made live

Next time you want to restore any backup, this scenario will repeat itself, except now, since you’ve already done a restore, you’ll have already filled up your holding spot, which needs to be empty before doing a restore.

The option to rollback or delete will take the last-known-good image that’s in your “holding spot” and either apply it to the server, or delete it, with either option clearing out your “holding spot” for another live snapshot to be taken.

Once you clear out that “holding spot”, you’ll be able to restore another backup, since there’s now a place for your current-good server to be stored while you try out the image you’re restoring.