Need newer version of node.js and npm in order to deploy Laravel app

I am trying to deploy LaravelDrive. I am following the instructions in the readme. Things fail at npm run watch.

https://pastebin.com/UvE5nSai

Specifically:

npm ERR! Failed at the @ development script 'cross-env NODE_ENV=development webpack --mode development --progress --hide-modules "--watch"'.
  npm ERR! Make sure you have the latest version of node.js and npm installed.
  npm ERR! If you do, this is most likely a problem with the  package,
  npm ERR! not with npm itself.

I’m guessing that the problem is with node and npm since they are behind the LTS: node.js LTS is 10.16.3 (including npm version 6.9.0), while my server’s node.js is 6.17.1 (including npm version 3.10.10).

Hello @Wienna,

Did you try talking to our support about this? You might be having this issue because we do not actively support NodeJS. However, I would suggest getting in touch with support team for a possible solution.

Regards,
Ibad Rehman

I guess you could update the Node Version yourself and see whether the installation works then.
It is a bit tricky, as there is no NVM installed on Cloudways Servers and you cannot sudo though. It works using the NPM n package though, if you set the prefixes right so that you can do an installation in your user directory. Then you won’t need sudo to get an uptodate Node version running. I did it successfully because I wanted to get PM2 running.

@Cloudways: Could we still get better and easier Node support though, please? :slight_smile: