Magento 2 extensin installing

Hi,

I’m a kinda a noob to VPC and just started a new instance with Magento 2. When I tried to install an extension for the first time I got errors at the “Step 1: Readiness Check”. I contacted the support and the guy was very helpful and fixed the issue for me in a timely fashion. The error I received from “Readiness Check” is appended at the end of this message.

I tried to test another instance with a new server and got the same Readiness Check issue.

My question is, is there a guide on how this issue could be fixed so I would be able to fix it myself?
I’m testing my installation with different extensions and I most likely will kill and initiate new instances every now and then. It would be super cool if the setup was ready from the beginning. However, I don’t mind doing the initial setup to fix the issue myself if an explanatory guide existed.

I copied PHP settings (from the server’s admin panel) from the instance that the support fixed to the new instance that I initiated but I still get the same errors. I guess I can continue troubleshooting, but why to reinvent the wheel I think other experts have already solved this issue.

Any input will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Step 1: Readiness Check

Error! You need to resolve these issues to continue.
Check Updater Application Availability
Updater application is available.

Check Cron Scripts
Cron script readiness check failed. Hide detail

Error from Setup Application Cron Script:
Cron job has not been configured yet
Other checks will fail as a result (PHP version, PHP settings, and PHP extensions)

Error from Updater Application Cron Script:
Cron job has not been configured yet

For additional assistance, see cron scripts help.

Check Component Dependency
Component dependency is correct.

Need Help?
PHP Documentation
PHP Version Check
Your PHP version is . The required PHP version is . Show detail

PHP Settings Check *
Need Help?
PHP Extension Help
PHP Extensions Check
missing PHP extensions. Hide detail

The best way to resolve this is to install the correct missing extensions. The exact fix depends on our server, your host, and other system variables.
Our PHP extension help can get you started.

For additional assistance, contact your hosting provider.

Magento 2 needs Readiness Check in order to upgrade Magento and enable/disable the modules. . Major steps to follow this

Always remember that Readiness check totally depends upon the Magento crons

1. set the crons from the console. e.g
    */5 * * * * php -c /etc/php/7.0/fpm/php.ini /home/master/applications/kbbkmrrurd/public_html/bin/magento cron:run | grep -v “Ran jobs by schedule” >> /home/master/applications/kbbkmrrurd/public_html/var/log/magento.cron.log
    */5 * * * * php -c /etc/php/7.0/fpm/php.ini /home/master/applications/kbbkmrrurd/public_html/update/cron.php >> /home/master/applications/kbbkmrrurd/public_html/var/log/update.cron.log
    */5 * * * * php -c /etc/php/7.0/fpm/php.ini /home/master/applications/kbbkmrrurd/public_html/bin/magento setup:cron:run >>/home/master/applications/kbbkmrrurd/public_html/var/log/setup.cron.log
    P.S remove magento default cron (It is usually the first one). Session cron will remain as it is.

2. Increase PHP memory limit from the console Application > Application Settings> PHP-FPM Settings> Memory limit

3. Delete two files cron setup and cron status from public_html/var/
    .setup_cronjob_status
    .update_cronjob_status

4. Clear all cache and restart relevant services

5. Run the readiness check process

It will run 2-3 time and then it will be fine.

Rear case:

Dependency Check failed

open composer.json file

before
magento/product-community-edition": “2.1.7”

after
magento/product-community-edition": “2..” ( Replace 1 and 7 by asterisk. it is not showing asterisk here on the thread)

I hope it will help you. If you still face any issue. Please ask the support. They will guide you in more details.

Kind Regards

Hi Faizan.khan

First of all, thank you very much for replying back. You have helped me a lot. I appreciate your input.

I’m writing this as a future reference for myself when I forget how I fixed some of the issues I faced (I tend to repeat mistakes).

The good news is that now the readiness check shows all green and successful. Thank you. As for the issues I faced:

Steps 1 & 2
When I started, I did step 1 & 2 first, the readiness check still showed errors, Therefore, I ran each one of the cron jobs command manually thru the terminal.After running all of them I went back to Magento extension installing page the Readiness check became successful. (Readiness check is successful after doing this step).

My current cron commands are:

#Ansible: magento session
0 4 * * * find /home/116304.cloudwaysapps.com/ppzmrzmwzk/public_html/var/session/ -type f -mtime +30 -delete   > /dev/null 2>&1

*/5 * * * * /usr/bin/php -c /etc/php/7.0/fpm/php.ini /home/master/applications/ppzmrzmwzk/public_html/bin/magento cron:run | grep -v "Ran jobs by schedule" >> /home/master/applications/ppzmrzmwzk/public_html/var/log/magento.cron.log

*/5 * * * * /usr/bin/php -c /etc/php/7.0/fpm/php.ini /home/master/applications/ppzmrzmwzk/public_html/update/cron.php >> /home/master/applications/ppzmrzmwzk/public_html/var/log/update.cron.log

*/5 * * * * /usr/bin/php -c /etc/php/7.0/fpm/php.ini /home/master/applications/ppzmrzmwzk/public_html/bin/magento setup:cron:run >>/home/master/applications/ppzmrzmwzk/public_html/var/log/setup.cron.log

The issue now is that I think the cron job doesn’t run automatically. I came to that conclusion by checking public_html/var and seeing the time stamp of when the logs where edited. However, I deleted all logs and magento cron logs got created after a very short period with 0KB contents.

Step 3:
At first, I couldn’t’ do step (3) though. I was unable to locate the two files you mentioned at public_html/var/
.setup_cronjob_status
.update_cronjob_status

Then I realized that I can’t see any of the hidden files. Therefore, I have changed my setting in my file browser (WinSCP) to show hidden files and I was able to view the two hidden files.

Step 4:
I cleared cache restarted server

I will keep poking around a bit to see if the cron jobs will start running by themselves.

Again, thank you and keep up the good work.

You are welcome. Thank you so much for your words.

Kind Regards,
Faizan Razi