As an active Kyup user (one of the six infrastructure providers that our platform supports), there are some developments we need to share with you.
We have received communication that Kyup brand will shut down. There is no danger to your servers and applications on Kyup, but there are a number of actions that we need to take to address the situation, along with a few suggestions for you:
- From July 1st, it will not be possible to add new servers on Kyup through the Cloudways Platform console.
- Existing servers in your account will continue to run unaffected and will be fully supported beyond July 1st. You may have read online that Kyup will terminate servers on July 1st. This only affects Kyup direct end users. Cloudways has secured a special arrangement, so our customers will keep their Kyup servers functional and supported.
- You will be able to scale up or down your existing servers (as well as cloning to other providers, deleting them …).
- In the mid/long term, you may consider cloning your server to another provider. Although we have received assurances over the long-term sustainability of the Kyup infrastructure, it is an option worth contemplating.
- We will start looking for alternate providers with similar characteristics (auto-scaling , fast reboot …). You can follow our progress here.
And as always, please feel free to get in touch with us if there is any doubt or concern related to this. We are here to help you.