How to setup Rackspace with SMTP in Wordpress?

Hi everybody! I’m just moving from Siteground… Now I’m setting up my email acount and subscribe a Rackspace email account. I need to setup my SMTP plugin in Wordpress. For this I need SMTP server Url and port details. Where can I find this values? As far as I see, only need this information to continue setting up my email, and being good to go.

Thanks in advance for your help, guys!

Leo

Rackspace is only for getting an email inbox. SMTP requires using yet another company, but it doesn’t cost that much. mailgun.com is only 80 cents per 1,000 emails. Cloudways does have an SMTP addon you can purchase to use Elastic Mail, but I’ve found that there are reliability problems when you use their addon on Digital Ocean servers, so I would recommend signing up for an account yourself with an SMTP company, and then using this plugin to integrate the SMTP service with your WordPress site.

Well, I already solved it. In fact, Rackspace has its own SMTP server name and port to point any SMTP plugin in wordpress (secure.emailsrvr.com and port 465 for outgoing emails and port 993 for incoming emails, from Cloudways). I got it set up and working like a charm.

And, as far as I know, Rackspace and Mailgun are the same company. One give the email accounts and the other the SMTP relay.

Thanks anyways for your answer.

I didn’t know that was possible when using the Rackspace addon. I’ll have to keep that in mind.