How to remove duplicate folder in root?

I just rename one folder in root for my new website Uber Guide , System create one new duplicate folder. I don’t want to see a lot of folder in roots. Is that any way to remove this duplicate folder?

Thanks

Hi @sfniqbal

If you rename your application folder it creates a symlink and doesn’t takes up any space.

You shouldn’t move or delete the original folder.

For more information you can read following kb.

https://support.cloudways.com/how-to-rename-your-web-application-folder/

I don’t get it. Both folders have the same content inside. If i have to add a file to my website through sftp, which folder should i add it to? Also, it will be really hard visually to find the right folder i’m looking for if there’s now twice the folders.

Cloudways uses random folder names when installing apps (eg. vujqnkwkuv). That won’t make much of a difference if you only manage your sites via their control panel, but it can make your job way harder if you manage your server’s files via FTP or SSH (eg, you’re a programmer/developer/designer).

They allow you to rename these folders, so you can find what you need faster. But the way they go about this is by creating a symlink, which is the Unix equivalent to Windows’s shortcuts. They don’t actually rename the folders.

So, you will see both: vujqnkwkuv (the actual folder) and uberguide (the symlink, or shortcut). You can work on both, the results will be the same, as uberguide is just a shortcut.