Could you elaborate on the nature of the JS error? Are they originating as a result of conflict between plugins OR between plugins and theme?
I will give you a screenshot
I would advise to try out the merge+minify+refresh plugin. The big advantages of this plugin are:
- it lists all the files it processes and you can find/exclude the ones causing problems
- it will automatically reprocess them when one of them changes
- the generated files have randomly chosen names, which means it works great with caching (you will automatically get the updated css/js because the newly generated file will have a different name)
On my sites, the only two files I’ve had to exclude are the following:
I have only enabled the following two options:
- Enable HTTP2 Server Push
- Enable Gzip Encoding
I hope this helps.
Thanks, I’ll try that. I should disable minify from breeze first right?
@therealgilles Just try it recently, then do speed test with gtmetrix. My request is decrease from 79 to 61, great!
But I’m not sure I have set the right configuration. Please help me with this questions:
- Currently Breeze plugin still active. Gzip Compression & Browser Cache is enabled. Do I still need enabling gzip encoding in merge+minify+refresh plugin? and How about http2 server push?
- I’m also using woocommerce, is there any special configuration when using merge+minify+refresh plugin? what to exclude?
- Why you exclude this?
@yokyliadinata, try not to duplicate the functionality.
If you have gzip compression in Breeze, do not enable it in merge+minify+refresh. I believe Cloudways does not support http2 at this point, so I am guessing it won’t do anything by itself. I use Cloudflare as CDN and they support http2, so it may have an effect in this case, not 100% sure. I would highly recommend using Cloudflare or a similar service as CDN (Cloudflare is free for most things and they have a lot of options you can tweak).
Nothing special for Woocommerce. FYI I use it too.
Question: what metric/units are you using when you talk about ‘79’ and ‘61’ for your request?
PS: If you haven’t done it yet, make sure you run wp-cron as a cron job and set the following in wp-config.php:
I run my wp-cron job every minute with the following url:
Replace with your own site url. This made a huge difference on one of my sites.
PS1: You can also try to set the following variables in wp-config.php:
define('OTGS_DISABLE_AUTO_UPDATES', true); define('CONCATENATE_SCRIPTS', true);