How do I clone server to move to Digital Ocean

Hi, I would like to move my Cloudways server from Linode to Digital Ocean but Cloudways can’t tell me how. Please can someone explain the steps in brief, and how to then move DNS? Thank you.

Hi there, you’re basically looking on how to clone a server. Once you clone your server from Linode to Digital Ocean, keep in mind that it will not be in production until you switch DNS records from your DNS provider, ref to Step2 of this HowTo.

Before switching over DNS also, please do make you replicated all environment settings for the machine, as those are not automatically replicated (SSL, Crons, php settings, etc…).

Let me know if you need any other specific tips :wink:

Please give me a link to everything I need to do to move to Digital Ocean

Hi @srowe,

I’ve provided all relevant links in my previous post; are you having any difficulty in any of the provided steps or are you looking for anything specific which is not covered in the articles please?

1. the link is clear upto a certain point

2. you then say “please do make you replicated all environment settings for the machine, as those are not automatically replicated (SSL, Crons, php settings, etc)” - none of which is explained.

3. where are the explanations how to (i) identify all the other settings which need to be replicated and (ii) how to replicate them?