Help with Security Certificate is Revoked Error on Production Site

Hello,

Cloudways recently had an issue with SSL certificates for sites that are not live (that have the wordpress …cloudwaysapps.com domain) resulting in the “The server’s security certificate is revoked!” error when trying to access our site and login page.

Though Cloudways has resolved the issue, I continue getting the “The server’s security certificate is revoked!” error when using the computer I’ve always used to access this site and its login page using various browser.

If, however, I use my wife’s computer or my phone, I can access either page without issue. The issue has to do with my computer, a Macbook running Mojave.

I’ve cleared the computer’s DNS cache using (sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder; sleep 2;), changed the name servers in Network > Advanced > DNS to the ones by Google Cisco, Open DNS, CloudFlare, among others, restarted and restarted the computer, and the issue persists.

Also, I searched in the various options in KeyChain for the revoked certificate, but it’s not listed.

I’ve attached a screenshot of the error and the revoked certificate’s details for reference if it helps.

Frankly, I am at a loss for what to do. I haven’t been able to work on the site for 4 days, and have been at trying to resolve this issue after CW fixed it on their end for 8 hours today. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you.

Hello,

Please disregard the request for help. The issues has resolved itself.

Thanks!