Google Tag Manager, Magento 1.9.3, php7

I need to install Google Tag Manager on my Magento 1.9.3 site. The issue is that the only extensions I have found do not support php7.

From my research, manually inserting the code, doesn’t allow for data layers, which I require to track purchase values.

Do you have any suggestions please?

Hi,

Please check it out:

This extension is stable, free, and also supports PHP 7 as well.

Hi,

Thanks very much for the help. I have one more question if you don’t mind. I am very new to Magento, essentially doing a friend a favour.

In my public_html folder there is already a folder named ‘app’. Hence if I upload the Tag Manager ‘app’, I need to overwrite the one that is already there. Is that safe? Is the app folder just a hang over from an old install? And should be removed?

Thanks again

In the root directory of your Magento store, app is where all the PHP code for the Magento platform resides. It contains the configuration files related to Magento application like the database, core, modules, themes, and files related to programming languages.

It is safe to override the files and folders! To know more about the Magento Directory Structure, have a look at this blog post:

Thanks for the great explanation. Very handy indeed.

So in that case, surely I should be merging the GTM ‘app’ folder into the public_html ‘app’ folder?

Yes, exactly! Just upload it to the root directory of your Magento store. If public_html is your root directory, then it’s good to go!

Thank you for your patients

Hi again!

Tag manager is on and working, however, it seems to be recognising the tag number twice?

Just wondered if you have come across this before?

No idea about it! I think you should contact developers. :slight_smile: