Google Helsinki New Datacenter

Is Cloudways going to add the new Google data center in Helsinki Finland to your servers?

Hello @bohlin,

I will confirm this from our DevOps department and update you soon.

Regards,

Ibad

Thanks Ibad … Looking forward to an answer.

Any news yet, been a month now and heard nothng??

Hello @bohlin,

Apologies for replying late. After doing a bit of research it seems that Google itself does not have announced the opening of new datacenter in Helsinki. If they do launch it in near future we will add this location to our existing list and I will update you here as well.

Regards,
Ibad

Hi Ibad,

A 2 sec search on Google search engine revealed the announcement here: https://cloudplatform.googleblog.com/2018/06/GCP-arrives-in-the-Nordics-with-a-new-region-in-Finland.html

And it is listed here at the official network page: https://cloud.google.com/about/locations/?region=europe#region

So your research was a very small bit, since you could not even find it on firstpage of the search results on Google.

Hmm …

Hi @bohlin,

Thank you for providing the references. My search involved these two URLs as well and I still do not see a specific mention of Helsinki data center(as per your initial question). However, if you are referring to whole Finland then we are already aware of their new data center and will be adding it soon.

Regards,
Ibad

The Hamina data center is their ONLY data center ever in Finland and is near Helsinki, that they have upgraded to be a full feature center. There is no other GCP datacenter in Finland, it´s about 145 km from Helsinki. So then I do not understand what the problem of your search was with the statement you just wrote about the whole Finland?

Hi @bohlin,

Thank you for sharing the information. I think I was more focused on Helsinki rather than on Hamina. I apologize for causing any confusion. This data center from Finland will soon be added and I will post here as soon as I get update from DevOps department.

Regards,
Ibad