Configuring Elastic email

Is there a configuration step I have missed or something I should have done differently?

I’m new to Cloudways and have just added the elastic email add on and enabled it as the smtp for the server. I have not added any settings to the gmail account being used by the server.

All the emails are being sent to directly to spam folders and flagged by gmail as potential problems. On password reset there is a big red banner saying "This message seems dangerous It contains a suspicious link that was used to steal people’s personal information. Avoid clicking links or replying with personal information.“Other emails are marked with a large yellow banner saying " Be careful with this message Gmail could not verify that it actually came from xxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com. Avoid clicking links, downloading attachments or replying with personal information. Report phishing”
I’ve deleted my actual email address from message above.

Only Google’s servers can send email “From” gmail.com, so the mailservers of people who receive the messages see that an IP not belonging to Google is reporting that the sender is gmail.com and they mark the message as suspicious.
The recipient’s email reader then displays its own warning that the message has an unauthorized sending origin and thus “This message seems dangerous…”

There’s nothing specifically bad about your message – given the proper sending credentials, it would arrive without incident. You simply cannot send email “From” gmail.com if you’re not Google.

If you want to send from your Gmail address, you need to use an authenticated outbound SMTP setup:
Google: Cloudways Activate SMTP Addon
Google: Siteground Google Free SMTP Server

@LucasPelton has provided a detailed answer to your question.

You need to set up SMTP server if you wish to connect your Gmail account.

Please refer to the following guides for assistance:

How to activate SMTP Addon?
Configure Gmail SMTP on Cloudways

Regards,
Ibad