Breeze & WooCommerce Caching Issue?

Dear all,

Wordpress 4.9.1
WooCommerce 3.2.6
Breeze 1.08

I’ve seen a few posts relating to this issue but I’m looking for a definite solution. The issue must be related to caching - when a customer selects a product in WooCommerce the Quantity option, instead of saying ‘1’ may say 4 or 5 or 6 or … 10 depending upon how many others have visited the product! I have caching switched off right now but, obviously, that’s not ideal so I’m looking for the absolute settings in Breeze, including exceptions etc.

Thanks in advance.

I should add that I’m also getting some '503 Backend fetch errors but there seems to be no consistancy to this.

What install did you choose on Cloudways when you setup the app? WordPress or WordPress with Woocommerce?

Do you have varnish installed?

1 Like

Hi @nigel.grass

As asked by @nicksanderos what did you select while setting up the WordPress? Was it a simple WordPress or WordPress with WooCommerce?

Sorry for the delay. It was a site I imported myself onto a 'php stack" instance then added Breeze and set up the parameters according to a standard “Wordpress with WooCommerce” instance - which seems pretty vanilla.

Varnish is enabled but no rules are set.

Yeah, there are a few “under the hood” things with the woocommerce install on Cloudways: needed to block caching certain elements. Because it’s a self-import those addons won’t be there.

If you head to this thread and add in the exclusions (pages and cookies): List of WooCommerce cookies to exlude from Varnish?

Clear cache and flush varnish, and then test everything. (If you have Cloudflare then obv. flush that cache too.)

Yeah thanks, Nick, I’ll do that but I’m pretty sure an out of the box WP/WooCommerce instance doesn’t have these exclusions set - I created one thinking “If I just replicate whatever settings then all will be well”.